Looking for a Chiropractor for our Thriving Organization
One Community Health is recruiting mission driven, kind, warm hearted, and hard-working people who are dedicated to quality care and superior service. Our culture is centered around our values of compassion, accountability, respect and excellence. We are proud of our inclusiveness and the diversity of our staff and patients.
One Community Health is poised for growth and expansion. Come join us on this journey as we become healthy together!
At One Community Health we believe healthcare isn't a privilege; it's a human right. Everyone should have the opportunity to achieve optimal health. We've made it our job to help individuals and our community lower the barrier to wellness. Our organization pushes for equality for all and for social justice for those on the margins. Our doctors and health care professionals treat people with compassion, without judgment for their personal choices and behavior. We provide a comprehensive menu of services to all ages and everyone in need, and we advocate for public awareness of such issues as the stigma surrounding mental illness and the need for healthcare for everyone. We understand the impact of trauma on one's health and are working to help people heal those wounds. When we see suffering, we try to heal it whether it be an individual in pain or a group in our community. If these are your values are your values, then please consider joining our team.
We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) serving all those in need in the Sacramento area. We have been a level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home since 2011 and were the first to earn that designation in Sacramento. We offer integrated, comprehensive, and supportive services to maximize health outcomes. The founding values of One Community Health were based on providing a safe and welcoming place for people who often experienced social exclusion and discrimination.
- Medical Insurance
- We offer a choice between three carriers: Sutter Plus, WHA and Kaiser Permanente.
- One Community Health pays about 90% of the Employee only premium and pays 75% of the costs for dependents or partners/spouses.
- 2 Dental plans offered through Delta Dental: PPO and DHMO
- DHMO is paid in full by employer (employee only)
- VSP Vision Insurance paid in full by employer (employee only)
- Company Paid Life, AD&D and LTD offered through Unum
- One times annual salary paid in full by employer (LIFE and AD&D)
- LTD is 60% annual salary paid in full by employer after 90 days
- Flexible Spending Plan (before-tax savings plans)
- Employee Assistance
- Supplemental Insurance through Aflac
- Up to 4% employer match at 90 days of employment
- Administrative fees and administration of plan managed and paid for by employer
- Robust PTO, Sick Time, & Paid Holidays Plan
- Additional Benefits/Extra's
- We are an eligible NHSC (National Health Service Core) approved loan repayment site and have an HPSA score of 16.
- Opportunity for Reimbursements, Bonus options and/or annual increase.
- Educational and Language Stipends: higher level of education or secondary languages
- Professional dues and/or licensure fees paid by organization as it relates to the position
- Professional training and/or conference/travel fees paid by organization
- Opportunity for Community Engagement, Events and Involvement
- Opportunities to help with state and national level advocacy
About the Position
A Chiropractor is responsible for quality medical services to One Community Health patients. S/he is responsible for compliance with applicable laws, regulations and policies pertaining to medical practice, clinic operations and licensing.
- Responsible for evaluating patients and providing chiropractic and rehabilitation care to patients. In some cases to patients living with HIV/AIDS.
- Responsible for accurate and timely documentation necessary for patient care and billing.
- Responsible for assuring quality medical care delivered to all patients.
- Responsible for understanding and maintenance of Quality Improvement Program indicators as directed by the Leadership for the medical department.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with the Standards of Care and policies for the Medical Clinic.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with the implementation of medical clinic policies to ensure appropriate medical follow-up of patients and medical specialty referrals.
- Understands and follows medical operations in compliance with applicable state and local laws, regulations and policies.
- Understands and monitors systems for compliance as necessary. Provides necessary and timely communication to Medical Leadership when issues of compliance arise, and complies with a corrective strategy.
- Understands and follows policies and procedures relative to medical provider scheduling, schedule changes, template development, etc., coordinating with efforts with the Practice Manager. Promptly communicates problems and issues in these areas to the Medical Leadership.
- Assists other medical and general staff, in developing and designing new clinical services, as appropriate to One Community Health patient needs.
- Responsible for attending all appropriate meetings as directed by the Medical Leadership.
- Provide patient-centered care using chiropractic methods in order to locate, analyze and correct vertebral and non-vertebral subluxations.
- Assess the integrity and functioning of the neuromusculoskeletal system and other systems relevant to care using chiropractic evaluation techniques.
- Assess health challenges by reviewing patients' histories, carrying out additional consultations, observing and examining patients and interpreting x-rays.
- Manage referrals for any additional tests to be undertaken outside of the practice.
- Consult with appropriate health practitioners when necessary and maintain a co-management plan where appropriate.
- Provide advice to patients regarding how they can improve their health through chiropractic care and at-home exercises
- Create treatment and wellness plans for patients based on their goals for physical health and wellness, medical history, injuries, comorbidities and personal requests
- Consult with patients regarding injuries and past health history, and make referrals to other medical professionals based on findings
- Recommend and apply the use of physical supports such as bandages, braces and straps, if necessary
- Supports documentation needed for billing, coding and record-keeping purposes
- Research new chiropractic techniques, technology and procedures to further refine abilities and provide a superior level of care to patients on a continued basis
- Monitors trends and research within the discipline in order to bring new treatment modalities into the practice
- Provide patient education on how to live a healthier lifestyle.
Education/ Experience Required
- Must be fully license to practice in the state of California, who is board certified or eligible in Chiropractic Medicine
- Doctor of Chiropractic Medicine
- Possess a DEA certificate
- Current CPR Certificate
- Licenses required for this position must be kept current, valid, and in good standing with the presiding entity.
- At least two years of professional experience as a chiropractor.
One Community Health values the diversity of the people it hires and serves. Diversity at One Community Health means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person's talents and strengths. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability. Please provide us with notice if you will require accommodations during the interview process.Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Associated topics: ascp, laboratory, medical lab science, mlt, molecular, sample collection, technician, technician i, technician ii, technician laboratory